Types of hosting services
A hosting service pertains to stockpiling and/or sharing particular web content on a server administered by a website hosting provider. There are various types of hosting services utilized for various ends, so let's study them. Doing so, you can choose what you need, based on whether you desire to own a blog, mails, or to share files with friends and associates.
- File hosting: a service supplied by various providers, which allows you to share big files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its only aim is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage plans are frequently supported by displaying advertisements by the download links, while a timer makes you await a certain amount of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you run a paid file storage account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Nowadays, with the help of the cPanel hosting firms, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is an entirely incorrect explanation of the real meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would split the load between separate bunches of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving different site hosting services (electronic mail, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, web page hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a brand of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; specific distributors provide a hosting solution for pictures exclusively. This hosting type is suitable if you wish to share an enormous amount of images with chums or partners since the solution is usually free of cost. You will receive a randomly generated link for each pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to tackling your mail aliases. Some suppliers offer web site hosting services for web sites, but do not offer an email hosting service. If you desire to manage an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to have a web site, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can open mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a particular video, or you can embed the video clip in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this method instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video file produces a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of videos and a few hundred site visitors, you may have a problem with your site hosting quotas. Embedding the video will permit you to operate as many videos as you wish without bothering about system quotas.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you need if you wish to possess a site. To some extent, it incorporates all of the aforesaid hosting brands since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can keep databases and email accounts, upload videos, and so on. At OzeVision Web Hosting, for instance, you can have a glance at web hosting and dedicated hosting solutions that allow you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in one location. There may be limitations depending on the type of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your webspace hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the routine e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are tailored for particular web content exclusively.